We assist families in organizing and facilitating various burial, cremation and transfer arrangements.
Those arrangements not involving a service are direct cremation, direct transfer, and receiving remains for direct burial. (International transfers are subject to additional fees for involvement of funeral director and mortuary staff, consulate fees, overnight fees for document authorization, translation fees as appropriate and a zinc-lined transfer case if required.)
The following are generalized categories of arrangements involving services:
- A funeral service – defined as having the body present at the service.
- A memorial service – defined as the absence of the body at the service
- A graveside service – defined as services (either cremation or casketed burial) that take place at the grave site.
You may choose to use alternative terms to identify these services such as “a celebration of life”, “a gathering of family and friends,” “a remembrance service” or “an open house.”
If you choose an arrangement package that provides for one of these services, the dedicated staff at Montgomery-Stryker Funeral Home will assist you to personalize the service and arrange all necessary participants such as minister/clergy, musicians, military honors, fraternal rites and cemetery arrangements as necessary.
The following are items for you to consider:
Pictures and Memorabilia Personalization:
- We welcome families to bring in memorabilia or pictures of a person’s life. We have tables to display any or all memorabilia as the family chooses.
- Families may also create display boards or collages using our corkboards to display photographs or other memorabilia on our easels.
- We will assist in enlarging pictures as a centerpiece for services. Please let us know if you are interested in this service. (Some costs may apply)
- A copy of DD-214 to file for veteran’s benefits and military honors
- Benefits available are an American flag, some form of military honors provided by the branch of service or local VFW or American Legion, burial in a National Cemetery, government-issued grave marker and Presidential Memorial Certificate.
Clothing (applicable for services with viewing):
- Full set of clothing, including any undergarments appropriate to outer garment chosen. Shoes are optional.
- Glasses, rings, necklaces, watches, tie tacks, pins, or any other jewelry. Please let your funeral director know if you wish to have any of these items returned to you prior to burial or cremation.
Mongtomery-Stryker Funeral Home also offers services for families experiencing the tragic loss of an infant or child. Please contact us for more information.